We may post product-specific privacy notices or Help Center materials to explain our products in more detail.
8, Passage Brulon
75012 Paris – FRANCE
Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Google OAuth (Dock Dock! app only) – Dock Dock! app offers users the option to securely connect their Google Photos account to the app in order to display slideshows of their personal memories. If a user chooses to connect his/her Google Photos account to the Dock Dock! app, then the Dock Dock! app accesses the following information of the user: first and last name, display name, avatar, email address, photos of the corresponding Google Photos account. These are used within the app only in order to display slideshows. None of this information is stored or shared with any third party. The user can revoke in one click at any time the connection to her Google Photos account in the app’s settings. Dock Dock! use of Google OAuth API and Google Photos API strictly conform to Google's TOU.
- Information you provide– When you sign up for a Dock Dock! account, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Dock Dock! services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information– When you access Dock Dock! services via a browser, application, or other interface, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications– When you send an email or other communication to Dock Dock!, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Unique application number– Certain services include a unique application number that is not associated with your account or you. This number and information about your installation (e.g., operating system type, version number) may be sent to Dock Dock! when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the software).This information is used to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services and/or to develop new services; and to protect the rights or property of Dock Dock! and of Dock Dock! users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Dock Dock! processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Dock Dock! features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Dock Dock! only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Dock Dock! in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Dock Dock!, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Dock Dock! employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Dock Dock! services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
Dock Dock! adheres to the US Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access, and Enforcement.
Changes to these legal notices
Please note that these legal notices may change from time to time.